Monday, May 14, 2012

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Over the past days since my first post I've been mulling over in the back of my head what to write about next. But I figure that the best thing would probably be to talk about what I was playing over the weekend. I recently had the desire to go back and re-play a game that I got rather far into, but as I have a habit of doing, I did not finish it. That game being Deus Ex: Human Revolution.



But to step back for a little bit first, the first game in the series the original Deus Ex is one of my all time favorite FPS. Sure the graphics are quite old by today's standards but the game play and especially the plot are really what make it a truly fantastic game. The story has so much intrigue and twists and turns it keeps you wanting more!

The second game in the series is an abomination pure and simple, which is why there was a fair amount of skepticism about when Human Revolution was announced. Square Enix had acquired Eidos and it would be interesting to see just how much influence that that would have in the production of the new game. Some of the easter eggs included were quite nice, like one character being named Barrett and a FFXXVII poster in the tech office :D

All in all though I was not disappointed, they did a fantastic job and it brought back all that great nostalgia from playing the original. The gameplay is spot on and the new features are great! Nothing beats sneaking up on an enemy and kicking the crap out of him before any of his buddies notice! But the story is what really keeps me playing. I'm a sucker for a great plot and this has it! Its like the game leaves you bread crumbs as you try to figure out the true story behind it all.

Now I just have to stay focused and finish it this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment