Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Over the Past Weekend

Ok so when I last posted and said I would finish Deus Ex: Human Revolution this time around I may have overlooked one small detail. That being Diablo III would be coming out the very next day.

Diablo III comes from a company called Blizzard, which is part of a trio of PC developers that I like to call the three B's of PC gaming. The other two being Bioware and Bethesda. A lot of people including myself have waited a very long time for this particular title to be released.

Just to show how long its been, I remember playing Diablo II while still in high school and that was just over ten years ago. There has been a lot of high expectation built over that time and I must say I have not been disappointed. I have spent most of my free time since release playing a sorceress which last time I checked I had about forty-six hours clocked. It's been a very enjoyable class which a lot diff options for skills. It's kind of ironic because in World of Warcraft I never used a frost spec, but in D3 I have been finding myself drawn to those skills.

The only detail that is a bit of a drag is that the game functions much like World of Warcraft does in that it has online servers and requires weekly maintenance, and that usually falls on Tuesdays when I have the most time to play in the morning before work.  Other than that the experience has been great so far and I see myself playing this game for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment